Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Barn Progress

Here are some recent pictures of the barn project. It has sat as just a foundation for the last few months. Matt recently set aside a Saturday to work on it and with the help of a few friends was able to get all four walls built. The following Monday he brought home the crane from work and had help from family and a couple of neighbors to get the walls up. After the walls were up Grandpa gave the kids some "rides" on the crane---I know it sounds dangerous, but it was pretty safe and lots of fun! Matt has worked a few evenings this past week to square off the walls, frame out the windows and start the ply-wood. It is so fun to see it taking shape!

5 comments:

Dave said...

Very cool!! The only thing I am sad about is that I wasn't there to help frame the thing. Rides from Grandpa Red wouldn't have been bad either. Wish you people lived close. Cruise time soon anyone? Dave

Luella said...

Wow, there is no way that Eli would get up on that Crane for a ride... just trying to give him a piggy back ride is impossible... he's super afraid of heights--any height!

Nat said...

Way to go on that barn! It looks great. And the crane rides had to be a blast. How fun!

gibbfamily said...

Wow, I am impressed. That is quite the project! Good luck!

Allison said...

That is awesome! I love husbands who just get things done because they can.